Buy or Hire Scaffold Tower from Scafflink Australia
The scaffold tower, also called a mobile access tower, is a widely used equipment that provides an effective and safe means of gaining access to work at height. It is a highly useful alternative to ladders, especially when there’s a lot of elevated work to be done.
There are many types of scaffold towers available. Before selecting or specifying one:
- You must be certain that it is the most suitable type of access equipment for the job.
- Make sure that it is assembled and used correctly.
Falls from height are one of the biggest causes of workplace fatalities and major injuries. So when choosing a scaffold tower, safety must always be a priority.
How to Choose a Scaffold Tower
Factors that should be taken into consideration before using scaffold towers include:
- The height to be reached
- Access restrictions such as width or headroom
- Climatic conditions
- The type of work activity, its duration and the time between tower movements
- The condition and evenness of the ground
- The shape and weight of any object to be carried onto the platform
- The risk to people and vehicles in the surrounding vicinity
- The frequency that users will need to ascend and descend the tower
- Any obstacles that might need to be addressed
It is strongly recommended that users only buy, hire or use a scaffold tower that conforms to product standards and meets minimum safety requirements. Towers that do not meet such requirements are potentially very dangerous.
Be Diligent When Choosing Scaffold Towers
Scaffold towers come in many different shapes and sizes. Manufacturers and suppliers have a duty to provide instruction manuals that explain the assembly and dismantling of each. If the tower has been rented, the rental company has a duty to provide this information. And all these must be passed on to the person erecting the tower.
One major advantage of scaffold towers over other access equipment is their versatility and modular nature. Scaffold hire companies offer a range of attachments and accessories that allow towers to be easily adapted to work over obstacles.
More users appreciate the productivity and safety benefits that scaffold towers can bring. Hence, they have become a more familiar sight in construction, building maintenance and facilities management.
Are you looking to buy, hire, install or uninstall scaffold tower? We are able to help. Contact Scafflink Australia today and let’s talk about your project.