How to Save On Scaffold Supplies
Scaffolding is a significant aspect of building projects, renovations and refurbishments. However, construction projects that require scaffolding does not automatically entail that you need to splurge on high-cost scaffold supplies. Buying your own scaffolding is actually not recommended, the only exception is that if you would be using it everyday. The more practical alternative is to avail of scaffold hire.
Rent vs Buying: the Cheaper Option
What to keep in mind:
- Renting is obviously cheaper than buying
- Pricing will depend on the time duration of the rental of the scaffold
- you can therefore save money instead of buying all of the scaffold you need
- you also save on space required for scaffolding storage
In short, low-cost scaffolding, does not automatically equate to sub-quality scaffolding. On the contrary, a lot of established companies rent out high quality scaffold supply for reasonable prices.
Tips in saving on costs for scaffold supplies
- Price varies for different scaffoldings. The bigger the size, the more pricey, naturally. Movable scaffolds are more inclined to be more costly than the stationary ones.
- The first step is to get the ideal kind of scaffold for every distinct project, to make sure that the optimal price for the scaffold supply will be achieved.
- A good scaffolding rental company is open to all customer inquiries and feedback. It is best to discuss first the customer scaffolding needs before proceeding.
- The last price of scaffold hire will be based on the time duration the scaffolding will be utilized. Also to be considered are the number of jacks and walk boards that will be used.
- It is recommended to canvass prices and compare suppliers first and check which best fits your budget and requirements.
- It is an achievement to lower the total cost of a project by being able to hire reasonably low priced but high quality scaffolding.
- Thinking ahead, keep in mind that it is also feasible to construct one’s own inexpensive scaffolding. This works best for projects that are smaller in scale and short-termed.
- To construct one’s own cheap scaffolding is actually quite simple, just combine two multipurpose extension ladders and a wooden board.
- Before using the makeshift board, be sure to test its durability first for your own safety. To do this, just place each end of the board on the lower rungs of each ladder, and then slowly walk to the other end.
In the end, keep in mind that safety always comes first. Scaffolding may be low-priced, but safety must still be secured. Better safe than sorry.
If you would like to discuss more about scaffold supplies, do not hesitate to contact Scafflink Australia, and we’d be happy to serve you.